Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ateneo and Bridal Fair at SM Megamall--Flowers of May

 
(Long overdue na rin itong blog na ito..)
Last April 12, Al and I met with my college friend and maid of honor, Kat, in Ateneo. :) We went there to request for a permit to shoot for our pre-nuptial pictorial while Kat had to request some documents. It's been a long time since I went to Ateneo and visited my former office (Office of Administrative Services). My former boss, Ms. Lourdes Sumpaico, already retired from office last March 31, 2008 and Ms. Joy Salita was the Acting Director. Nagpapicture na rin ako with Ms. Joy and Ms. Kat of OAS para souvenir na rin.I faxed an advance copy of my request to them earlier that day and I was lucky that Ms. Joy approved my request on the spot (with some notations, e.g. open areas only and no pictures of the school seals/building names). Yey! It's final, we'll be having our pre-nup in Ateneo!!

We then toured the school to look for good spots to have the pre-nup pictorial. I loved the Interactive 12 Senses exhibit beside Dela Costa Hall. It was very creative and cool! :D we had lunch at Manang's and too bad there wasn't any inihaw na liempo left. We settled for the lechon kawali and dinuguan with itlog na maalat and kamatis! yum!! sarap talaga! going back to ateneo was such an enjoyable experience.

After that short school visit, we went first to our office because Al had to get his free registration note from VRC Creative Events. I toured Kat in our office (it's her first time there). We then went to SM Megamall for the Bridal Fair. Flowers of May was there and we tried to ask if they will give us discounts (we have visited them previously in their shop in UP Village). Ms. Evelyn was really nice but she didn't give us a discount since we are getting the cheapest package. What she did was to include buttounnieres for the 2 fathers and principal sponsors! yey! it was similar to getting a 5% discount! We booked them right there. Finally, we have a florist: Flowers of May!! My bouquet will be deep red roses but we also liked yellow calla lilies and it will certainly match our red and gold motif. But if I opt for the calla lilies, I would have to add an additional P2,000 so we'd have to wait and see.. hehe.. :)

I enjoyed the fair but it was very tiring. The Megatrade Hall wasn't that big but maybe because you have to do a lot of walking and talking, hehe.. That was my first bridal fair with al and kat and it was fun! Eloquente was also there. I even saw the photo album of the wedding where TransChorale was hired to sing in the nuptial mass. Too bad, our photo wasn't there (harr!)
We ate dinner at Yellow Cab and tried their new pizza, Barbecue Chicken. sarap! We really accomplished a lot that day and we are 90% through with our preps.. yahoo!!! :)

1 comment: